Guess what?! The very wonderful blog Egg Yolk Days nominated The Runaway Dilettante for a Liebster Award! For those of you who don’t know (as I didn’t at first), the Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger award that recognizes new bloggers that have under 200 followers. “Liebster” is a German word that means beloved or darling, and I am truly honoured that Egg Yolk Days chose The Runaway Dilettante as one of their blogs to pass the award onto.
Of course, The Liebster Award is more of a metaphorical award, and as one blogger poignantly explained: “The real “gist” of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate you and hold your hand. It’s mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It’s that easy.” (Sopphey Says)
Well of course I accept it! And I am excited to take a part in the process and pass it along to eleven other new bloggers (as the customary guidelines state). Here are the rules for nomination:
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
- Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
So without further ado, 11 ( kind of random) FACTS ABOUT ME!
1) I’m a country girl! Although I love my heels and navigating the city, I dream about cowboy boots and open ranches as my paradise; plus I love country music.
2) I only like vanilla milkshakes. I’ll have strawberry or chocolate if I must, but good ol’ vanilla is always my first choice.
3) I love sports. I took swimming lessons for multiple years when I was little, played soccer from grade 6 to graduation, began playing ultimate frisbee in grade 12, play volleyball with my friends all summer long, and love to snowboard, water-ski and kneeboard. Oh and I also like playing mini golf, if that counts. =)
4) My favourite shows are New Girl, Suits, and Survivor. Suits is just amazing, New Girl is genius and hilarious, and Survivor has become a family tradition of sorts. Game of Thrones is an honorary addition, but the other three are my main must-watch’s.
5) I have a brother with cerebral palsy. My older brother, Ben, was born with severe cerebral palsy, which in a nutshell means he has a loss of motor control, so he is confined to a wheelchair, can’t speak (in the sense of traditional language), and requires full-time care from my mom. But he has the most genuine personality and has taught me many lessons in how to approach people with disabilities and the important things in life.
6) I’m a dog-person. You know how there’s that dichotomy over people being either a dog-person or a cat-person? Well I’m definitely the former. I’ve grown up with dogs and currently have two beautiful pals (you might have already seen them if you read Living for Now)
7) I can operate an excavator! Such a country bumpkin I am; I’ve logged about 40-50 hours on a Takeuchi excavator to clean out fields on the nursery (i.e. ripping out cedar trees) and dig trenches. Something to add to my resume eh? Haha =)
8) I play Mahjong Titans more than I should. Ask my boyfriend, I play this game on my laptop whenever I have to kill some time or need a break from doing something, or really just because. I would tell you to try it if you haven’t already but I wouldn’t want to be responsible for giving you a gaming addiction…
9) I’ve never been to Hawaii or Disneyland. Sad, but true. Perhaps two of the classic vacation spots that I have yet to visit, but don’t worry, one day I will!
10) I took Irish Dancing until (I think) grade 8. Ever seen River Dance? Well that used to be me, dancing the traditional Irish dance to Celtic music in my fancy dress and curly hair. It was quite fun while it lasted, and I suppose something not most people can say.
11) I love blogging! I’ve actually been surprised at how much I’ve enjoyed blogging so far. I’ve done so many things that I otherwise might not have had the get-up-and-go to do, and it’s just been so much fun to build something that’s mine and get to share it with you guys. I can’t wait to see what the future will hold for The Runaway Dilettante. =)
MY RESPONSES TO QUESTIONS FROM EGG YOLK DAYS
1) What is your favourite season? Summer!
2) Can you swim? Yes.
3) What is your least favourite food? Beets, ick.
4) What colour do you wear most? Blue (I love my blue jeans).
5) What is your dream job? Still figuring it out, but something with communications.
6) Spicy or tangy? Neither? Lol well tangy over spicy.
7) Do you like your handwriting? Traditional handwriting I am inept at, but I do like my printing, yes.
8) Do you speak any other languages? Ein bisschen Deutsch. =)
9) Dogs or cats? Dogs!
10) Hot drinks or cold drinks? Hot, because I love my tea.
11) How do you keep track (list, phone, calendar, etc.)? Definitely my phone, and lists on my phone.
MY LIEBSTER AWARD NOMINATIONS
(Sorry, I might have broken the rules because I didn’t pay attention to how many followers my nominations had, I just nominated awesome blogs) Oh well. =)
I encourage all of you to take a few minutes and check these blogs out! They all bring something different and special to the table and they’re all worth a little peek. Who knows, maybe I’ve just found you your next favourite blog!
QUESTIONS FROM THE RUNAWAY DILETTANTE
1) Why did you start your blog?
2) What has been your most favourite part about blogging so far?
3) Fruit or vegetables?
4) Your favourite TV show?
5) What 2 things would you bring if you had to suddenly drop everything and leave for a year?
6) Chocolate or vanilla?
7) How do you like your eggs?
8) What is your favourite hobby?
9) Favourite colour?
10) If you could be in any movie (as a character, not an actor), which movie would it be?
11) Smarties or M&Ms?
For those of you who I nominated, please link me back somehow so I can read all of your responses! =)
I am so grateful that I received this award as I think it is a great way to acknowledge new blogs and get people exploring all the wonder that is out there in the blogging world, so don’t forget to pass it on!
And happy dilettante-ing!